Even the most highly developed safety systems in the world are still going to fail if you can’t get the ‘people component’ right. To err is human, so building an effective safety system means trying to eradicate human error. Unfortunately, some people can err in spectacular ways, so brace yourselves for a parade of occupational health and safety fails inspired by none other but the human race.
1. You know you’re in Australia when you see this, but wait till you see what he’s wearing on his head...
2. We know it’s hot mate, but you’re not going to last 'til smoko in that hat.
3. This is more of a disc fail than a safety fail, but can you imagine if he wasn’t wearing his safety gear?
4. Imagine if he was wearing this DIY welding mask instead?
5. There are times when a hi-vis vest and hard hat probably won’t be enough to keep you safe.
6. Everyone wants cheering up when there’s an emergency, that’s why we built this fun-packed obstacle course to the fire exit.
7. This poor guy couldn’t get anyone to hold the ladder. I’m sure he’ll be fine... maybe.
[caption id="attachment_576" align="aligncenter" width="670"] (image via http://tradesman4u.wordpress.com/construction-fails/im-sure-if-the-ladders-slips-hell-be-fine/)
8. If it weren’t for their safety hats and uniforms you’d think these guys were performing a circus act.
9. It’s great when you can park your work vehicle so close to home.
10. Just enough fire extinguisher to snuff out a candle.
11. This workplace is ready for any emergency. Chocolate is within reach, and the fire extinguisher is ... well, at least they tried.
(image via http://www.pinterest.com/pin/495255290245460876/)